TiE Hyderabad launched first edition of TYE Summer that aims at teaching entrepreneurship to high school students and helping them discover the rewards and challenges of becoming an entrepreneur. During the program, the students form teams, go through classroom session modules focused on different aspects of business and entrepreneurship, then write and present a business plan on their own idea. Students will get an opportunity to spend an interesting and enlightening day with a CEO to observe and learn at first hand. All along, they are taught and mentored by renowned entrepreneurs of Hyderabad.
These experiences will be one the best insights for the students to start their entrepreneurial journey.
TYE SUMMER Curriculum with details
- Curtain Raiser, What is Entrepreneurship
- What attitude any entrepreneur must have?
- Need of Positive thinking
- Importance of Fun at work along with a serious eye on goal
- How the idea struck in his/her mind?
- What did he/she think as first step after getting the idea?
- Did he/she validate his idea or not?
- How did his/her family react when they come to know that their child is going to choose a different path than conventional job
- How did he/she start?
- How the team was formed?
- What were the formalities done?
- What were the hurdles faced?
- Any failure? If yes, how he/she took that and proceed further?
- How did he/she take the first success?
- Design Thinking for Entrepreneurs
- Insights about difference between Business, shops and Entrepreneurship
- Case studies about successful entrepreneurship and their story
- Hands-on exercises – Process of product development
- Problem identification
- Market survey to understand what the potential is actually looking as solution
- Creation of many variations of possible solutions
- Designing prototype with common things at home or stationery items
- Business Models
- What is a business model?
- Why is it important to understand your own business model completely?
- Importance of understanding the lean Canvas for the idea
- What are the components of lean canvas?
- How to fill the lean canvas?
- Teams for finale will be announced
- Mentors will be allocated
- Products Vs Services
- How the complete picture about entrepreneurship changes from product to service?
- Dynamics of entrepreneurship when it is product. How does it changes if the startup is service oriented?
- Case studies of purely product based startups that succeeded
- Case studies of purely service based startups that succeeded
- Case studies of startups which has mix of product and service as their offering that succeeded
- Some case studies about failures in the three zones
- Basics of marketing
- Marketing mix
- Marketing strategies for product and service
- Case studies about successful marketing strategy and at least 1 failed marketing strategy
- Basics of Financing
- P&L Statement and Balance sheet
- How to understand where all you are spending as startup and importance of making note of expenditure
- Categorizing the expense as per the P&L and Balance Sheet
- Exercise to make the kids clear that what could be basic expenses
- Fixed cost and variable cost, surplus
- How to plan about ploughing back profits
- What if you bootstrap?
- What if you look out for funding? What are the options like, banks, equity, Angels, VCs
- How the shareholders pattern works? (in very brief)
- When you should think about Exit and How to Exit?
- Legal Foundation
- Why you need to understand about legal basics before you start up?
- What are the basics you need to know like, the relevant boards, registrations, taxations
- How IP affects any business?
- Case studies of IP, Trademarks, copyrights
- Communication/Team building skills
- Essentials of effective communication in a startup. How important it is to have an effective system of communications.
- Team Building – What are the basic ingredients of any Startup team? How it grows and what gets added on based on few various business models.
- Importance of every team member – a brief on role of CEO, CFO, CMO, CTO etc
- Any Case study
- Where companies fail due to non-cooperative teams / or non-presence of effective communications. if Possible also a case study of a good team play
- Team Building Activities
- Making a business Plan presentation and pitching
- Types of Pitching – customer pitch, investor pitch, partner pitch, exit pitch, elevator pitch
- How important is to prepare yourself before any pitching?
- Importance of having any presentation
- Components of business plan presentation
- Make the kids familiar with the judging criteria
- Brief about what each criteria mean and how judges will evaluate the team for that particular criteria. Hence how team should prepare for this
- How to make your elevator pitch more effective
- Teams will work on the ideas to present to their mentors
- Mentoring Session 1
- Team can now open up other ideas they have so that mentor can guide them about pros & cons of each idea like, what is already existing, what they can modify in the existing idea to make it new, which is feasible
- At the end of this session, team will finalize one idea they will go ahead with
- Mentoring Session 2
- Mentoring session for the further development to an extent that teams should have plan that what they need to do to be ready for the final step of making a business plan in the next mentoring session
- Mentoring Session 3
- Teams have to be ready with all the data to start making business plan presentation and prepare themselves for pitching
- This session will also be used for prototype making if not done earlier
- Business Plan Competition – Grand Finale!
|7-May||Curtain Raiser, What is Entrepreneurship||0930 – 1330 hrs|
|9-May||Design Thinking for Entrepreneurs||0930 – 1730 hrs
(Full Day Session)
|11-May||Business Models||0930 – 1330 hrs|
|13-May||Products Vs Services||0930 – 1330 hrs|
|15-May||Marketing||0930 – 1330 hrs|
|17-May||Legal Foundation||0930 – 1330 hrs|
|19-May||Finance||0930 – 1330 hrs|
|21-May||Communication Process for building
an outstanding organization
| 0930 – 1730 hrs
(Full Day Session)
|23-May||Making a business Plan||0930 – 1330 hrs|
|26-May||Mentoring Session 1||0930 – 1330 hrs|
|29-May||Mentoring Session 2||0930 – 1330 hrs|
|1-Jun||Mentoring Session 3||0930 – 1330 hrs|
|10-Jun||Business Plan Competition||0930 – 1330 hrs|
|June 2018||A day in CEO’s Life|
|June 2018||A day for real work experience|